Girl Child Art Foundation created the AFA Mentorship Program in response to the need to empower and support young African female artists to succeed in the creative industry for additional support beyond GCAF’s successful art workshops, exhibitions, and other art-based educational programs.
This Mentorship Program is designed to support the individual artistic methods and professional ambitions of emerging female artists in Africa by providing access to the skills and experience of selected mentors. It is a specialized art program developed specifically for female artists who are clear about what they would like to learn or those seeking a one-on-one lesson style. Applicants are selected based on their demonstrated commitment to their practice, the clarity and level of ambition outlined in their goals for the program, and the ability of the applicant to utilize the program to its fullest potential.
- African female artists in the early stages of their careers as professional artists; aged 19 -30 years.
How to apply
- A letter of application describing your goals, challenges, and commitments to being an artist.
- 10 jpeg images or 10 short videos
- one letter of reference
- A link to your website
- A resume/ cv 2pages
- The jury selects applicants for the AFAM program.
- The jury will then match the selected emerging artist with a mentor that the committee feels would benefit the emerging artist’s work based on their demonstrated goals, working style, areas of specialty, and location.
- The selection committee will review emerging artist applications based on their demonstrated commitment to their practice
- Applicants may be contacted for an interview.
November 16 2022