She empowered is a one-year program targeted at young African women and girls interested in soft skills, entrepreneurship, African feminism, and mentorship. This program is 100% virtual and would be conducted through various platforms. AMI will provide data to successful applicants to attend the online sessions and seed funding to assist with the execution of community engagement projects. However, if the cost of a project exceeds the amount of seed funding, the program participant is required to fundraise the remaining amount. Tips and advice on fundraising were shared during the program.
This program has three parts which are the monthly interactive sessions, mentorship, a community engagement project;
- The first is bi-monthly educational and interactive sessions with facilitators on different topics (e.g. financial literacy, personal development, social entrepreneurship, and others.) supplemented with mandatory assignments.
- The second facet is mentorship, where each ShE Leader is assigned a mentor to assist in their personal and professional development.
- The third facet is a community engagement project, where each ShE Leader must identify issues that affect their communities and establish tangible and sustainable solutions to rectify social ills. The CEP is to be carried out by the end of the program.
How to apply
The application has 5 processes which are;
- Qualification questions
- Personal details
- Written component
- Video component.
- General questions.
- ShE Alumni will review the applications and invite successful applicants to an interview in early-January 2023.
- After successfully completing the ShE program, you will join the Alumni Network of AMI Ambassadors and Leaders. As an alumna of the program you can become a mentor to incoming ShE Leaders, Attend and/or co-host AMI-related events and sessions in your country, continue your work with Africa Matters as an AMI Intern; facilitate Africa Matters flagship programs; become a ShE Application Reviewer and/or Interviewer, attend Future Residential Summit and/or AMI related events (if funding is available) and so much more.
6 November 2022