The Sony Future Filmmaker Awards is a major new program for short films providing an exceptional opportunity for creators and filmmakers from around the world. The 30 successful filmmakers will be flown to Los Angeles to visit the Sony Pictures studio in Culver City, California, where they will gain unparalleled insight into the world of cinema and exclusive access to industry experts through panel discussions, workshops, and screenings.
- Open to creators and filmmakers from around the world;
- To enter any of the three competitions you must hold the ownership rights and/or have the permission of the rights holder to the film you are submitting.
- Filmmaker; $5,000
- Future format; $2,500
- Student filmmaker; A sony set of camera ideal for filmmakers.
- The Filmmaker competition elevates original voices that bring a fresh perspective to storytelling. The three winners receive $5,000 (USD), an FX9 Cinema Line Camera (plus lens), and are flown, along with the shortlist, to Los Angeles for a two-day workshop program and a black-tie awards ceremony.
- The Student Filmmaker competition rewards the talent soon to shape the industry. The two winners and their institutions receive a range of Sony camera equipment ideal for filmmakers. Winners are flown, along with the shortlist, to Los Angeles for a two-day workshop program and black-tie awards ceremony.
- The Future Format competition challenges filmmakers to respond to a technical brief. The winner receives $2,500 (USD), a range of Sony camera equipment ideal for filmmakers, and is flown, along with the shortlist, to Los Angeles for a two-day workshop program and black-tie awards ceremony.
How to apply
Submissions must be between 2 to 5 minutes in length.
December 13 2022