Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from all over the world to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university. Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
•Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory. `
•Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
•Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
•Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
•Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 13, 2023.
How to Apply
To apply, search for the awards available in your country/territory. Begin by selecting your country of citizenship. You can then refine your search depending on if you are applying for a scholarship or a fellowship.
The quality of the application will determine which candidates are selected.
• Payment of tuition fees
• Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
• An arrival allowance
• The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
• A departure allowance •A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required
• A travel top up allowance
• A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. These rates are subject to annual review.
The right resources to help you win!
Get the latest news, tips, and exclusive promotions
about our product, conveniently in your inbox!