The annual Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) competition is organized for undergraduates in tertiary institutions in the memory of Late Miss Jemila Abubakar, the pioneer project manager of the Asido Foundation. The top 15 participants of the competition will be grouped into cohorts for the implementation of a 3-month JAME Project intervention across communities. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners of the competition and they will also head the cohorts groups created by the top 15.
The theme for this edition is Mainstreaming Mental Health in Nigeria: Barriers and Opportunities.
- Open to all undergraduates of any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Must be able to present evidence of studentship.
- Must sign the Asido Foundation’s unashamed pledge.
- 1st Place: ₦200,000
- 2nd Place: ₦150,000
- 3rd Place: ₦100,000
How to apply
Interested participants are encouraged to adhere strictly to the following guidelines:
- The essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Participants are to attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, proof of studentship, and a certificate of the signed unashamed pledge
- The body of the email should contain the full name, email address, phone number, name of institution, department, course of study, and level of study.
- Entries should be sent only in word document format to the email: email@example.com
The quality of the application would determine the candidate selected.
December 9, 2022