One World Media is a non-profit organization, registered in the UK as a charitable trust. It is based in London. The charity’s mission is to support strong vibrant and independent media that empowers citizens, promotes justice, and contributes to international development
GSDF is open to applications from all parts of the world, for documentary projects up to 30 minutes, either in production or post-production, with existing footage. 16 filmmakers will be selected to attend a series of online workshops, mentoring, and one-to-one pitches.
- Provide training, mentoring, and workshops to improve your project proposal and pitching skills.
- If a platform is interested in working with you on your film, you are likely to receive a fee in line with your commission, acquisition, or distribution deal.
- Proposals are invited from anyone, anywhere in the world.
- The focus is on films that have a social, political, or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach or give a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
- They prioritize filmmakers from areas with low production capacity or little global visibility, as well as underrepresented filmmakers in geographical areas of established media production.
- They are especially looking for stories from Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia, or the Post-Soviet States.
December 13, 2022