CyberGirls Fellowship is a free 1-year program that equips girls and women aged 18 – 28 years old with globally sought-after cybersecurity skills, positioning them to start a career in cybersecurity and helping them to seize work opportunities within Africa and across the world.
During the one-year duration of this fellowship, you will be given hands-on cybersecurity training, and mentorship, become certification-ready and possibly get paid internship/job shadowing opportunities.
This initiative aims to improve the socio-economic well-being of girls and women living in underserved communities in Africa and contribute to fighting poverty & cybercrime, cybersecurity skills shortage, and gender disparity in the tech industry (particularly cybersecurity niche); as well as fighting unemployment/underemployment.
This project is organized by Cybersafe Foundation and funded through sponsorships, partnerships, and financial and in-kind support from well-meaning individuals and organizations.
- A Female aged 18 – 28 years old as of the commencement of the fellowship – 24th March 2023
- From and resident in an African country and passionate about (starting a career in) cybersecurity
- Proficient in English and have completed High school/Secondary school
- Can withstand the pressures of an intensive hands-on technical training
- Have access to the internet and are willing to devote fully to 7 months of intensive training
- Not participating in a Cybersafe Foundation Program as of application close – 4th December 2022
Certificate of completion, internship opportunity, and great networking environment.
The learning journey begins with cybersecurity fundamentals and moves on to more specialized niche cybersecurity learning paths which fellows will decide on midway through the fellowship.
- Threat Intelligence
- Vulnerability and Assessment Penetration Testing
- Governance Risk and Compliance
- Cloud Security
- Incidence Analysis/Response (SOC Analyst Level 1)
4 December 2022