This is a one-year program for leaders who are passionate about addressing issues around communities, the environment, peace and conflict resolution, women, and gender. A professional development program for the best and brightest global community leaders working in transparency, accountability, and desire to put their communities on a global pedestal.
- Selected African countries are; Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Must be between the ages of 25 – 38 living and working in your country of birth.
- 2 years of experience working for NGO, and currently not enrolled in any program in the US.
- Available to travel to us for four months Aug – Dec.
- Not currently an employee of IREX
- You are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa
- Applicants who have participated in an exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Government must have fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement
- You are committed to returning to your home country for a minimum of two years after completing the program.
Non governmental organisation
How to apply
Application must be submitted online and completed by the applicant, any application mailed to IREX will not be accepted
This programme is entirely merit based
This is a fully funded program that covers the cost of most expenses associated with:
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip travel from participants’ home city to the U.S.
- Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the U.S. and
- Accident and sickness insurance
27 October 2022